All translators and translation agencies we work with must undergo selection and inspection processes. Then they reach the “initial contact” stage. They will not receive the “new translator” status until their test translation has been scored as “very good” by the reviewer.
If you would like to become our translator, connect with our vendor manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) and you will be provided with login data to the vendor portal.
During our many years in the business, we have built a database of the best translators, which we continuously update. The translators we work with are native speakers of the target language.
To work on technical documents, the translator must have a technical education (university degree in translation or a university technical degree). They must also be able to demonstrate at least two years of professional experience. With translation agencies, we work under the same conditions as with freelance translators. We insist that agencies comply with the standard ISO 17100:2015 and have an ISO 9001 compliant quality management system.
For follow-up orders or regularly repeating translation orders in a specific language, we work with an in-house translator, who works exclusively for our agency under a work contract.
TETRAS is looking for
Full-time technical translator from German into English
Work location: Home-Office
Position: Full-time technical translator
Language pair: German to English
Type of work: Translation work in the fields of mechanical and electrical engineering for TETRAS Group, an international translation company that has been active in the industry since 1998, serving more than 3,000 satisfied clients globally. Technical knowledge is a must.
Education: Technical and/or translation
- English-native (target language)
- German-fluent (source language)
- other languages are an advantage
Tetras offers you a steady stream of interesting technical projects in a dynamic, progressive, international translation and localization company.
Salary: 3000-5000 Euro brutto/month (depends on the volume of the translated pages)
The project managers play a key role in ensuring quality and complying with standards, methods and regulations, including:
- Guiding the whole translation project — from the offer to delivery to the customer.
- Ensuring high-quality translation and adherence to standards, methods and regulations in the translation.
- Cooperation with the DTP department when searching for optimal solution.
- Cooperation with the vendor management department when searching for new translators.
Anforderungen an einen Projektmanager:
- University degree, preferably in a language or technical field
- With a technical education: Advanced knowledge of German and basic knowledge of English are required
What is a project manager’s job?
- Checking the specifics of a project, such as file formats, language combination, special requirements by the customer and the delivery deadline
- Analyzing texts with translation software to determine the volume of text to be translated
- Selecting the right translator
- Supporting the translator during the whole process
- Forwarding the translated text to the reviewer (who is also a native speaker of the target language)
- Performing automated quality control using an external quality assurance (QA) program, a CAT-tool-integrated QA program, and spell checking
- Then the graphic design of the translation according to the client’s special requirements
Each project is different: There are different technical fields, various formats, and many different ways of working. Our project managers are given the opportunity on a daily basis to develop themselves personally and professionally. Every day, by communicating with translators, they encounter new expressions and customs typical of other countries. Tetras Translations is the ideal place for fulfillment and further education.
Please send us your application materials if you would like to be part of our international team.